At the Imazaki Dojo, a major pillar of teaching Karate involves Respect and Self Discipline. To faciliate this training, a certain behavior is expected in our Dojo.
- Bow Osu before entering and leaving the mat and the Dojo.
- Please refer to the instructors as Sensei or Senpai.
- No food or gum in Dojo. Only water is allowed at Imazaki Dojo.
- Silence cell phones and refrain from talking on cell phones while in the Dojo.
- Parents will be notified and consulted regarding any in-class behavioral issues or questions.
- If a child acts out in class in a manner that is harmful to him/herself or others, that child may be removed from class and parents will be notified immediately.
- Children may be dropped from a class if their behavior interferes with safety or is chronically disruptive.
- Parents must remain in the waiting room during class.
- No shoes allowed in the Dojo and on the mat. Shoes may remain on while in the waiting room.
- All parents/guardians/visitors watching the class must be respectful. Please bring all conversations outside.
- All children in the waiting room are expected to be quiet. Please bring materials to keep children busy.
- Excessive noise coming from the waiting room will disrupt the class.
Class Cancellations and Inclement Weather
- Imazaki Dojo reserves the right to cancel individual classes for the session due to low enrollment. Alternative class options or refunds will be offered under such circumstances.
- Instructors are subject to change. No credits or refunds will be issued in this case.
- In case of inclement weather or severe weather advisories, Imazaki Dojo may cancel classes.
- In the event that classes are canceled due to inclement weather, students may schedule a make-up class.
Attendance and Punctuality
- Students arriving more than ten minutes late to class will not be permitted to participate. Late students must observe. Students less that ten minutes late may join class but must sit in seiza (on their knees) at the edge of the mat, until invited to join by the instructor.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult or parent/guardian when entering or exiting the building.
- If students are early, students should wait in the lobby for their class. Students are not permitted on the mat prior to class.
- Please have your students visit the restroom before the beginning of class.
Absences and Make-up Classes
- Students are allowed a maximum of four make-ups per session. Classes must be made up within the current session and scheduled in advance. Schedule make-up classes on Mindbody.
- No-shows will not be given a makeup. If you cannot make a scheduled class, please cancel in advance on Mindbody.
- If your student has a planned absence, ongoing illness, or injury, please notify Imazaki Dojo.
- Students with poor class attendance may not be promoted or receive stripes at the end of the session. Consistent attendance is key to advancement at Imazaki Dojo.